- Understand you are loved – “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- Recognize that all people fall short – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- Respond by turning from sin – “Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out” (Acts 3:19).
- Place your faith in Christ as Savior and Lord “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord, ” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:9—I 3).
- Pray for salvation – Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sin and that God raised you from the dead. I repent of my sin, and I ask you to forgive me and to save me from my sin. Thank you for saving me and giving me eternal life. Help me as I begin this new life. Amen.
We welcome persons who desire to become members and share in the life and ministry of Lakewood Baptist Church. If you would like to present yourself for membership, you are invited to do so during the time of invitation at the close of the worship service by talking to the pastor about uniting in the following ways
- By public profession of faith in Jesus Christ, to be followed later by baptism by immersion.
- By transfer of your membership letter from another Baptist church. (Our church will correspond with your former church to request the transfer.)
- By statement of your Christian experience, including baptism by immersion. (This means that we accept your personal “statement” that you have been saved and have been baptized by immersion.)
If you are unclear about any of these matters, one of the staff members would be glad to talk with you following the service or at a time that is convenient for you.
Located at the corner of Mt. Gallant Road and Joslin Park Road
3520 Mount Gallant Road Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Sunday 8:30 am – Early Morning Worship
- Sunday 9:45 am – Sunday School
- Sunday 10:55 am – Morning Worship
- Sunday 5:00 pm – Awana
- Sunday 6:00 pm – Adult, Youth, Children
- Sunday 6:00 pm – Grief Share
- Wednesday 6:30 pm – Men’s Discipleship
- Wednesday 6:30 pm – WMU
- Wednesday 6:30 pm – Youth
- Wednesday 6:30 pm – Children
Make sure you sign up for our calling system to stay up to date with events going on in the church and special announcements. To be added, you can test JOIN LBC FAMILY to 833-225-7853 or by filling out the information sheet on the right hand side of the bulletin with your information and write “Add to All-Call”.
Rev. Jerry Devinney Senior Pastor
Chris Burnette, Pastor for the Ministry of Education
Terri Birchfield, Office Administrator email
Daniel Parrish, Interim Youth Pastor
Nicole Phillips, Children’s Director email
Milan Klipa, Music Minister email
Marguerite Johnson, Pianist
Doug McManus, Church Sexton
Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm and Friday 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
803-366-3443 or 803-366-3923