How Do I Accept Christ?
- Understand you are loved – “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).
- Recognize that all people fall short – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
- Respond by turning from sin – “Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out” (Acts 3:19).
- Place your faith in Christ as Savior and Lord “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord, ” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved…for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:9—I 3).
- Pray for salvation – Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sin and that God raised you from the dead. I repent of my sin, and I ask you to forgive me and to save me from my sin. Thank you for saving me and giving me eternal life. Help me as I begin this new life. Amen.
How May I Join This Church?
We welcome persons who desire to become members and share in the life and ministry of Lakewood Baptist Church. If you would like to present yourself for membership, you are invited to do so during the time of invitation at the close of the worship service by talking to the pastor about uniting in the following ways
- By public profession of faith in Jesus Christ, to be followed later by baptism by immersion.
- By transfer of your membership letter from another Baptist church. (Our church will correspond with your former church to request the transfer.)
- By statement of your Christian experience, including baptism by immersion. (This means that we accept your personal “statement” that you have been saved and have been baptized by immersion.)
If you are unclear about any of these matters, one of the staff members would be glad to talk with you following the service or at a time that is convenient for you.
Located at the corner of Mt. Gallant Road and Joslin Park Road
3520 Mount Gallant Road Rock Hill, SC 29732
His Vision -> Know Him and Make Him Known
- 8:30 am – Early Morning Worship
- 9:45 am – Sunday School
- 10:55 am – Morning Worship
- 5:30 pm – Youth Services
- 6:30pm – Men’s Discipleship
New Phone Tree System
We are currently in the process of switching our AllCall System. To sign up for special groups, please text the code word to 833-225-7853. You must text the word “Join”. Please send a separate text for each group. You cannot add multiple codes to one text.
Rev. Jerry Devinney, Senior Pastor
Rev. Bobby Hedgpath, Associate Pastor email
Rev. DJ George Youth Pastor / Children’s Ministry Administrator email
Robin Simpson, Office Administrator email
Rheanna Courtney, Children’s Director email
Brittany Terlinde, Preschool Director email
Milan Klipa, Music Minister email
Marguerite Johnson, Pianist
Doug McManus, Church Sexton
Office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm and Friday 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
803-366-3443 or 803-366-3923